2009/03/17

Concatenation in OBIEE

I have been playing around with the OBIEE repository for a demo project at current client assignment.

I have been trying to use the "where" clause to filter out the data for a column with the condition as - column1 = (variable1||' '||variable2||' '||variable3). I thought this would be straight forward one as in normal SQL and I could use OBI Concate operator, but turned out to be a tricky one.

I tried to do this column1||' '||column2||' '||column3, which did not work apparently the concatenation operator '||' only works if only two fields are used. For more than one has to use -
concat(concat(concat(variable1,' '),variable2),' ') .

I am glad I could resolve the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

File Handling with Python

This little utility is for copying files from source to target directories.  On the way it checks whether a directory exists in the target, ...